Mar 6, 2009

singlish

As I was chatting with a friend last night I came to a realization. I am a true breed Singaporean. I can no longer not speak Singlish nor can I not write/type Singlish. And just like any true breed Singaporean, I get frustrated when my kids speak Singlsh. Unbelievable!

What’s more? This has become so confusing that oftentimes I can no longer tell if my grammar and or sentence structure is correct. It’s frightening. I often have to pause and think through my whole sentence. I don’t know what to do about it. Candidly (and appallingly) I wouldn’t have bother if I do not have children of my own. Another trait? The simply bo chap attitude. :p

Big problem.

:S

3 comments:

moobimooba said...

Hey Zoe!!

Been reading your blog regularly, actually every you update i kinda log on to see what ya up too...

i think *Singlish* makes us Singaporeans unique *wink*

If we really wanted to we can speak without all the, lor, la etc...

Don't worry about the kids :) I am sure their English will be alright, after all we all turned out alright :P

zoe said...

Hey dear,

Amen! Thank you for your support. Both the blog and singlish.

LOL!

moobimooba said...

i tell you more.. when i see you :)