Feb 26, 2009

from earth to heaven

There was a time I felt I was not ready for heaven. Foolish me felt I have yet to fully enjoy earth (I guess I will only know the full extend of this foolishness when I finally arrive in heaven). Still many places to visit, food to eat, books to read, killer heels to wear, ….. … you got the idea. :p Recently, I have been feeling otherwise. Been thinking about going home to heaven. Not in a morbid kind of way but with expectancy. I like to think this is a good thing, a good frame of mind.

Why the change of heart and mind?

I have been getting more and more discouraged by all that is happening around me. I dislike reading the papers as well as listening to the news these days. It’s just bad news upon bad news. Natural disasters, new strains of viruses, senseless killing, total disregard of human lives in order to make greater profits (the bottom-line – money. It seems it’s always about money. No wonder Jesus said one can’t serve God and money.{"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6:24}) … and these are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

On a more personal level, I mourn the passing of integrity, commitment and quality time. I honest can’t see how one has quality time without quantity time. Then again, I am a dinosaur. Me and my views are extinct.

Of course, the thought has crossed my mind. I am feeling this way because my eyes are not on Jesus. I am looking at everything through my own eyes, just like Solomon did so many ago that drove him to penned those words in Ecclesiastes.

I am often envious of my friends who are residing in Singapore but of another nationality. They always have their country to return to during the holidays or when they just need a change of environment, an “escape” (??). The truth of the matter is – we of all people are to be envied. Heaven, our real and ultimate home is waiting for us.

Thank You, Daddy God. :-D

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Phil 1:21







.

No comments: