Today is super blessed Sunday. I have been super blessed today. >,<
Candidly, I seriously considered not attending service today simply because I was very sleepy. But I did have a lot of other considerations as well. I don’t want the kids to feel that they miss church anytime they are sleepy. But what really got me going was Pastor Prince word’s last Sunday about "man shall not leave by bread alone but by every word that proceed from the mouth of God." To live by the spoken Word, the Word that’s being preached. When we do not have a daily intake of the Word – we should not feel guilty but HUNGRY. And hunger leads to tiredness.
I was tired. Very tired.
While here I was, planning to miss Sunday service because I was tired. God is still faithful and gracious to me. The Holy Spirit encouraged me to go - "eat the Word" that I may gain strength.
Off we went as a family
And blessings began to overtake us.
Worship started with my favourite song - How Great is Our God by Chris Tomlin. Very blessed.
Worship closed with another one of my favourite song – Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone). [Check older blog to listen to these 2 songs]
The message by Pastor Joshua Lee was very good – Anger Management. Hilarious, yet very personal & comforting because Pastor Joshua was very opened to share many many of his personal “volcanic eruptions”. Really appreciate his candidness, willingness to be so vulnerable to a potential congregation of close to 20,000 people.
During the sermon, I kept thinking of a really, really old song. Because the words of the songs were very much in line with the sermon. Especially the chorus.
God is determined to express His love for me.
Service concluded with this very song that I had in mind.
His Strength is Perfect by Steven Curtis Chapman.
Yes, …
I will always be reminded that
His strength is perfect when mine strength is gone
He'll carry us when I cant carry on
Raised in His power, the weak become strong
His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect
So apt, so timely. There were quite a few times last week when I feel that I can no longer face another dirty cup or dish, don’t every want to do another load of laundry, or pick up another toy, book, make the bed, wake up at 5.30am every morning ….. All I wanted to do was to lie down flat for a long, long time. A whole week would be great.
Today, I found strength in His love – through these 3 songs. I am so thankful, so refreshed and renewed.
Thank You so much Daddy God. Yes, I feel and know Your love for me and I am deeply moved, touched and overwhelmed. Thank You so much, once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment