Jul 2, 2008

Psalm

I do not like repetition. I have a pioneering spirit. I love to try new things, cook new dishes, start a new group, check out new eating places, read a new book … all the time!!!!


I rarely watch a movie twice. The only movie I watched twice in a cinema is “Farewell to My Concubine”. Of course, I might have watched “Nemo” at least 10 times by now and many of the Vegetales and other kids shows more than 20 times each. Aye, but those were not out of my own free will. :(


Thus, I rarely read the same books twice. I will go back to the books that made an impression to refer, to make sure that I am quoting correctly but seldom to read the whole book all over again.


So I must say that I am very impressed that I have been reading the bible since 1985. Yes, there are 66 books in the bible, I read them in different translations, with different commentaries …., still, that’s 23 years of reading basically the same content in the bible.


Amazing!


Ah, but it is not me who’s amazing. It is the Word of God that’s amazing. There is stuff in it that have captivated me and kept me captivated all these 23 years. Surely, that’s an act of God.


Just on Sunday Pastor quoted the whole of Psalms 23:


1The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.


2He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.


3He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.


4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.


5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.


6Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.


Short, ancient psalm. Only 6 verses but covers a lot of grounds. Blessed millions of people through the ages.


Today as I was reminded of this Psalm again, I was also assured as I read it.


I am thankful that Jesus has found me and because of Him I will never lack.


I am thankful that in the everyday hustles and bustles I can find my rest and contentment in Him.


I am thankful that I am made righteous in Christ and that brings healing to my soul.


I am thankful that even at the most trying times in my life I find my comfort and protection in Him.


I am thankful that in the presence of those who are against me I am always anointed, blessed,
joyous, satisfied, in abundance.


I am so thankful that goodness and mercy hunt me down all the days of life as I enjoy the Lord and all the blessings that He has for me.


Thank You so much, Daddy God!



No comments: