Dec 5, 2008

Renovation

Our house is under renovation. We are now staying with Ah Yi in her 1 room, 1 hall flat. I am truly impressed (blessed, relief, amused and absolutely thankful – you name it) by the kids’ adaptability. This is just another “adventure” for them. Another type of holiday. They are totally unconcerned about the new sleeping arrangement, the environment, not having most of their toys with them ….. As long as the family’s together – they are happy and they can always find things to play with. Even the ceramic tiled floor in Ah Yi’s house, the metal stool (the overturned the metal stool and then use lollies as drumsticks to hit the stool and make music. I love it!!! Absolutely.

I learnt so much from them these couple of weeks. Indeed, Daddy God has His ways of educating us.

I do allow myself to be overly concerned about many things – even the content of my blog. From watching the kids I am reminded once again that only certain constants are absolutely important, necessary.

It doesn’t matter that we are without a washing machine, a regular size fridge, the size of our house or the size of our bank account for that matter, no microwave, no toaster, no full length mirror (gasp!), no dinner table…. No vacuum cleaner, not even the magic cleaner “mob”.

Because the constant is still the same. Jesus is Lord and the family is together.

What was feared to be inconveniences turned out to be blessings. Very small house – cleaning and tidying is a breeze. No necessary conveniences – we simplify our life, buying only the amount of food we need for the day etc. Resulting in having lots of quality time as a family. Once again, in the process – I learnt much. About necessities and luxuries. Things we should, could do without so that we can enjoy that which are truly essential, precious.


….. word of my LORD, though in a different context, speaks to me.
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41-42



.

No comments: