Nov 15, 2008

Setting the Record Straight

I had a conversation with Ranen a few days ago. A conversation I want to record and share because I am so thankful God opened the door for me to have this conversation with him.

We were talking about something that upset him. Towards the end, the conversation went ....

Z: R, you know that you are really blessed, dont you?

R: ya, because I am a very good boy.

Z: what do you mean?

R: I am so blessed because I am a very good boy.

Z: (oh, oh!) no, that is not correct. You are blessed because of everything Jesus did on the cross.

R: (silence, his brains working)

Z: because Jesus died on the cross for our sins so we can enjoy all the blessings of God today. It was a horrible, painful death for Jesus. He was beaten, his blood was shed. Jesus died on the cross so that Daddy God no longer remembers our sins & all the bad things we will do so that oday, daddy, mommy, Ranen & Sophia are blessed with many many good things, friends, family members etc. (Pause) Now do you understand?

R: yes mommy. (off he went to play)

Z: :-D. Thank You, Daddy God.




.

No comments: