Jun 17, 2008

Macaroni Cheese



Made Macaroni Cheese today. We like it, it’s a delicious and (in my opinion) nutritious one dish meal. It easy to make. So much so that Ranen enjoys making it with me. He helped to mixed the ingredients together, taste the ingredients while telling me that a chef must taste all the ingredients first, spread the topmost layer of cheese ..... etc.


After taking the first few bite of the Mac Cheese – Ranen said: mommy, your mac cheese is more yummy than the last time. Of course, I was really happy to hear that and I told him – ya, thank God He’s helping me make yummier and yummier mac cheese. :-D



I’ll always remember the last time Ranen assisted me in making mac cheese. Daniel brought Sophia down to the playground but Ranen wanted to stay at home. Saw me preparing Mac Cheese and asked to help. Of course I welcomed his help. Once he started the food preparation he calls himself Chef Ranen told me I am Chef Mommy. He then went on to tell me something that really blessed my heart as much as it surprised me.


R: maybe I’ll be like the 7 year old Japanese boy who won the cooking competition

Z: (surprised but extremely pleased) of course, you can.


Maybe about a week before that Ranen was asking me why can kids only do kids stuff. Why do kids have to wait till they are older before they can do more challenging stuff?


At that moment, the Holy Spirit reminded me of sometime from so long ago. So long ago that I cant even remember the details – just the important parts.


I saw a show where a kid (I have the impression that he was about 7 year old then) took part in one of the very highly regarded cooking competition in Japan. The folks took it very, very seriously. Again, my impression was that he was the only kid competing with a few other adult in traditional Japanese cooking.


You know the ending of the show liao lah. The kid beat all the adult flat, emerging as the champion!!!!


I told Ranen this “story” to encourage him to know that he can do all things through Christ who strengthens him. There is no limit as long as he does not allow anything or anyone to limit him. Kids can do some things that adult can do as well. What's more, kids can also do some things that adult cant.


At that moment when I was relating the story to him, he did not respond nor show any sign that he understood, like it or whatever. So I just left it as it is.


So, I was really thankfully surprised when he told me – maybe he can be like the 7 year old Japanese boy who beat the adults in the competition. Not only did he remember it, it made an impact on him.


God is good. Indeed through Christ, we can do all things.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last time I check my bible, I read that David was called in a very tender age. Brace up, this world is for children only! Adults got to stand aside :0)