Aug 6, 2008

O taste and see ....




... that this is a very very good chocolate mousse. Not because if my cooking skill but because of the recipe. We love it. Er, in fact Daniel & kids ate half of it for breakfast this morning. I told the kids - please dont tell any of your friends that you had chocolate mouse for breakfast. They asked me why? Hmmm, how do I explain this to them.

Zoe: Well, then your friends might want to have chocolate mousse for breakfast as well and then ...

Ranen: .. and then they will all want to come to our house for breakfast and they will all want mummy to make chocolate mousse for them.

Zoe: Er, yeah. Something like that. :p





Here's the recipe for those who are keen. O, by the way, I got this recipe from the book - French Women dont get Fat by Mireille Guiliano.

Ingredients:
4 ounces dark chocolate (80% cocoa preferred)
1 tablespoon sugar
3 egg yolks
5 egg whites


Melt the chocolate

Add sugar to the melted chocolate and stir well.

Add the egg yokes one at a time.

Beat the egg whites until stiff glossy peaks are formed.

Gently fold the whites into the chocolate mixture until well blended.

Pour the mousse into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.

Just to let you know - I used the organic cooking chocolate from Carrefour because it's the only cooking chocolate that I can find with such a high percentage of cocoa. Even then, it's only 74%. But I think Ranen might not like it if it's any darker.





As for the eggs, I used the large eggs from chickens fed with organic & natural feed from NTUC.



Enjoy! (",)


.

No comments: