I love words …….
I love to read ……
I am so thankful to God for giving me many friends who read voraciously and as a result introduced many, many good books/authors to me. Many of these friends as well as the books they introduced made a difference in my life.
Would like to share some books with you (most of which I read quite a while ago) that made a tremendous impact on me. Not gonna give you any thesis. Just titles and authors. No, you may not borrow the books from me. :p
I enjoy many of Max Lucado’s books. Once again, thanks to my forever friend, Paul, who made the introduction. (By the way, wait till you see Paul’s list of books – you would think he owns a library. Actually, he does.) My all-time favourite from Max Lucado’s extensive list – The Applause of Heaven. I used to own a copy of it. Now I don’t cause I loan it to someone and it never came back.
The Prisoner in the Third Cell by Gene Edwards, If I remember correctly, this is the very first Gene Edwards book I read. It is a short, simple book. Was reading it on the bus on my way to work long ago and I was sobbing. Nope, I don’t have a copy of this book anymore.
The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson. Made an impact. Set my heart on fire to make my life count for Jesus. In this book – he shared quite a bit about a guy, Nicky Cruz.
Run Baby Run by Nicky Cruz …. In my opinion, one cant read the Cross and the Switchblade and not Run Baby Run.
Was backpacking through a few places in Europe. When in Amsterdam, I stayed with Sonia at YWAM’s HQ. Sonia, my German friend was doing her SOFM (School of Frontier Mission) then. For some reason, I ended up in YWAM’s library and ended up reading The Singer Trilogy by Calvin Miller. Was absolutely hooked. Beautifully poetic.
The Divine Romance by Gene Edwards. Gene Edwards’ beautifully poetic and accurate portray of Daddy God’s heart broke my heart.
Good Morning Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn. Before reading this book I know almost nothing about the Holy Spirit. After reading this book, I can never live without God’s Holy Spirit.
The Blessed Life by Robert Morris. Taught me a lot about the gift and the wisdom of giving.
Kids Says the Darnest Things by Art Linkletter. …. need I say more? :-D
Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson. A very good book that covers the practical as well as spiritual.
To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee.
Any books on Smith Wigglesworth. Reading anything on this Apostle of faith just set my faith on fire.
The Fourth Dimension by David Yonggi Cho. In my opinion, every Christian must read this book. 4th Dimensional Living in a 3 Dimensional World is kind of a follow-up of the Fourth Dimension which is another must-read.
What’s So Amazing about Grace by Philip Yancey. Aiyo, Philip Yancey ….. what can I say about this man of God? He writes amazingly. What’s So Amazing About Grace really, really impacted me. The content of this book impacted me, the way he writes infected me time and again. Again, … a "every Christian must read book" on my list. His other books such as The Jesus I Never Knew is also very good. As for me, What’s So Amazing About Grace tops the chart.
Destined to Reign by Joseph Prince. This man of God, Pastor Joseph Prince, his ministry, his sermons, his words, his book changed my whole Christian life, brought healing to my soul and helped me onto the path of grace, rest and peace. I will always be indebted to him and his ministry.
No comments:
Post a Comment